Video Premiere: Anstam "Hope's Soliloquy"
- Words: Anthony Princi
Avant-garde Berlin beatmaker Anstam (a.k.a. Lars Stöwe) has just unveiled the animated video for "Hope's Soliloquy," a cut from his brand-new LP for 50 Weapons, Stones and Woods. Although both the song and the video are relatively abstract, Stöwe says that there was a much more concrete approach to writing the tunes for the record. "I've structured Stones and Woods like an '80s pop album. [There aren't] too many songs, but every song tells its own story. There are dance songs, sentimental songs, challenging songs... The whole circus." Despite his thoughtful execution, Anstam still admits that—much like this shadowy, strange music video—the record is "still an experimental album," some of which you can preview below.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player