Video Premiere: Anstam "Hope's Soliloquy"
- Words: Anthony Princi
Avant-garde Berlin beatmaker Anstam (a.k.a. Lars Stöwe) has just unveiled the animated video for "Hope's Soliloquy," a cut from his brand-new LP for 50 Weapons, Stones and Woods. Although both the song and the video are relatively abstract, Stöwe says that there was a much more concrete approach to writing the tunes for the record. "I've structured Stones and Woods like an '80s pop album. [There aren't] too many songs, but every song tells its own story. There are dance songs, sentimental songs, challenging songs... The whole circus." Despite his thoughtful execution, Anstam still admits that—much like this shadowy, strange music video—the record is "still an experimental album," some of which you can preview below.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player