Video Premiere: Anstam "Hope's Soliloquy"
- Words: Anthony Princi
Avant-garde Berlin beatmaker Anstam (a.k.a. Lars Stöwe) has just unveiled the animated video for "Hope's Soliloquy," a cut from his brand-new LP for 50 Weapons, Stones and Woods. Although both the song and the video are relatively abstract, Stöwe says that there was a much more concrete approach to writing the tunes for the record. "I've structured Stones and Woods like an '80s pop album. [There aren't] too many songs, but every song tells its own story. There are dance songs, sentimental songs, challenging songs... The whole circus." Despite his thoughtful execution, Anstam still admits that—much like this shadowy, strange music video—the record is "still an experimental album," some of which you can preview below.
- GearIn the Studio: Surgeon
- GearKuvo: What Is It, How Does It Work, and Is It a Good Idea? (a.k.a. an XLR8R Interview with Pioneer About Its Newest Product)
- GearAsk the Experts: Vladislav Delay
- NewsWatch a Documentary on the Club Music Culture of Colombia's Caribbean Coast
- NewsListen to a New Mix from Lucrecia Dalt
XLR8R Downloads Player