Video Premiere: Anstam "Hope's Soliloquy"
- Words: Anthony Princi
Avant-garde Berlin beatmaker Anstam (a.k.a. Lars Stöwe) has just unveiled the animated video for "Hope's Soliloquy," a cut from his brand-new LP for 50 Weapons, Stones and Woods. Although both the song and the video are relatively abstract, Stöwe says that there was a much more concrete approach to writing the tunes for the record. "I've structured Stones and Woods like an '80s pop album. [There aren't] too many songs, but every song tells its own story. There are dance songs, sentimental songs, challenging songs... The whole circus." Despite his thoughtful execution, Anstam still admits that—much like this shadowy, strange music video—the record is "still an experimental album," some of which you can preview below.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- Feature20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- PodcastMaxmillion Dunbar
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsXosar Preps New EP for Valcrond Video
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player