Video Premiere: Kelpe "Bags of Time (Neon Jung's Wormhole Remix)"
- Words: Anthony Princi
Today, London-based producer Kelpe (a.k.a. Kel McKeown) is premiering his DIY video for the Neon Jung remix of the title track from his new Bags of Time EP (read our review here). The piece consists of footage of "London and beyond" from the perspective of McKeown's headcam in various modes of transport, and while the concept for his music video may seem hackneyed, it actually works thanks to the variety of footage and the quick edits that keep up with the rapid momentum of the remix, which adds a new distorted sub bass and arpeggiated synths to Kelpe's original. If you're feeling the remix, look for the rest of the record, which is out now via Svetlana Industries.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player