Video: A Thousand Years "Their Technology"
- Words: Rebecca Bratburd
Today, we have the video for A Thousand Years' "Their Technology," another cut from the artist born Zeké Africa's recent Farmers in Fields of Stars EP (which also gave us one of our Top 20 Downloads of September, "Flying High"). "Their Technology" is as breezy as "Flying High," but with added celestial vibes. The sound of airplanes hum in the background, while ethereal synth pads paint a pretty picture in the foreground. Bells, chimes, and woodblocks make for an elaborate house beat, which dances alongside sibilant sounds of mist and a peppy, complex melody. The video itself is made up of clips of time-lapse footage of flashing lights, starry skies, and many technological wonders, mostly borrowed from Vimeo, according to its maker.
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- FeatureXLR8R's Top 20 Downloads of July
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with FaltyDL, Dekmantel, Randomer, and More
- NewsThe Great American Techno Festival Announces Dates and Initial Line-Up
- NewsR&S Readies Debut Outing from Alma Construct, Streams Lead Track
- XLR8R's Top 20 Downloads of July
- Dekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
XLR8R Downloads Player