Video: A Thousand Years "Their Technology"
- Words: Rebecca Bratburd
Today, we have the video for A Thousand Years' "Their Technology," another cut from the artist born Zeké Africa's recent Farmers in Fields of Stars EP (which also gave us one of our Top 20 Downloads of September, "Flying High"). "Their Technology" is as breezy as "Flying High," but with added celestial vibes. The sound of airplanes hum in the background, while ethereal synth pads paint a pretty picture in the foreground. Bells, chimes, and woodblocks make for an elaborate house beat, which dances alongside sibilant sounds of mist and a peppy, complex melody. The video itself is made up of clips of time-lapse footage of flashing lights, starry skies, and many technological wonders, mostly borrowed from Vimeo, according to its maker.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player