Watch an Interview with Todd Edwards
- Words: Rebecca Bratburd
Today, we're premiering the first installment of Scion AV's two-part interview with garage maestro Todd Edwards, in which he discusses his production techniques and personal growth into the iconic artist he's become. Edwards discusses the art of sampling, stating that it stemmed from early hip-hop and has since transformed into simple melodic production. As a producer first and foremost, Edwards says he strives to incorporate new samples into his music, paying homage to classic production techniques while at the same time making his music sound fresh. The New Jersey-based artist also discusses his personal journey from being a shy, quiet DJ to an "overly flamboyant" performer who throws glow-in-the-dark crosses into the crowd. Look for the second part of this exchange to touch down on XLR8R tomorrow.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsHear a New Remix from Joy Orbison
- NewsSBTRKT Releases Interactive Video for "Look Away"
- NewsStream a Track from Locked Groove's Upcoming EP
- GearArtist Tips: Addison Groove Shares Five of His Production Secrets
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player