Check Out a 7.5-Hour DJ Set from Daphni
- Words: Patric Fallon
- Photo: Jason Evans
We're not going to sit here and pretend like anyone has a spare seven and a half hours to spend listening to a single recording of any kind, but we nonetheless felt compelled to alert you to the fact that Dan Snaith, the man behind both Caribou and Daphni, recently posted a live recording of said length to his SoundCloud account. The massive mix is a DJ set from Daphni's album release party for the excellent, XLR8R Pick'ed Jiaolong LP (a record that we profiled in extensive detail) in Peckham, London, during which he "performed with three Pioneer CDJ 2000s playing digital files, an E&S DJR400 mixer, and a Boss RE-20 Space Echo pedal." Snaith also says, "All 7.5 hours are here—warts and all. Apologies for the occasionally crunchy sound quality and periodic lapses in mixing. It's only split into two parts because it was too long to upload as one file." And there you have it, folks! An enormous live offering from one of the strongest and most interesting minds in dance music today, available for you to dive into via the player below.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- MP3Desto "Healing (Alternate Take)"
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player