Check Out a 7.5-Hour DJ Set from Daphni
- Words: Patric Fallon
- Photo: Jason Evans
We're not going to sit here and pretend like anyone has a spare seven and a half hours to spend listening to a single recording of any kind, but we nonetheless felt compelled to alert you to the fact that Dan Snaith, the man behind both Caribou and Daphni, recently posted a live recording of said length to his SoundCloud account. The massive mix is a DJ set from Daphni's album release party for the excellent, XLR8R Pick'ed Jiaolong LP (a record that we profiled in extensive detail) in Peckham, London, during which he "performed with three Pioneer CDJ 2000s playing digital files, an E&S DJR400 mixer, and a Boss RE-20 Space Echo pedal." Snaith also says, "All 7.5 hours are here—warts and all. Apologies for the occasionally crunchy sound quality and periodic lapses in mixing. It's only split into two parts because it was too long to upload as one file." And there you have it, folks! An enormous live offering from one of the strongest and most interesting minds in dance music today, available for you to dive into via the player below.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player