Breakcore is alive, and Venezuela's Cardopusher doesn't rely on cliché spooky samples or excessively scattered, distorted drums to prove that point. Instead, homeboy melds Latin rhythms, trance synths (and, yes, they sound rad), dubstep-influenced bass, and fierce breakdowns. For his I Need Someone I Can Imitate EP, Cardo brings along Breakcore vets Sickboy and Retrigger. Chaos awaits.Read more »
Belgum-based The Go Find often delivers indie-rock that's more straightforward than is typical of its label, Morr. On the video for “New Year,” the band sacrifices glitch and introspection for guitars and sunbeams. Fans of Styrofoam and The Postal Service take note, and prepare yourselves for a video full of helmets, bicycling, pizza, and, of course, a love narrative.
Watch "New Year" now, at XLR8R's Video Section.
As an important member of the Baltimore warehouse scene, notably Wham City (download a copy of XLR8R 106 to read more about this), Dan Deacon is setting out to have fun on his latest album, Spiderman of the Rings. Listening to Deacon’s music feels akin to wandering through an electronic Candyland, with larger-than-life sounds going head-to-head with one another, and plenty of electronics coated in a fuzzy layer of static.
Read more »
Icelandic music isn’t known for being upbeat. With Múm, Sigur Rós, and Bjork hailing from the region, true bangers are something of an anomaly. And while the name Bang Gang may imply dance-fervor, Iceland-based multi-instrumentalist and producer Bardi Johannsson’s project follows the familiar moody isolation of his aforementioned polar peers.Read more »
While the rest of the world is still kissing the ass of all things hyphy, true Bay Area hip-hop enthusiasts know the power of Nick Andre & E Da Boss' productions. Following the release of their debut full-length, The Catalog, the boys offered up a 12" of choice cuts from said record along with exclusive b-sides. With a champion like Living legends' Bicasso spitting over the duo's crisp, soulful, futuristic beats, it’s doubtful this release will be slept on.Read more »
- Feature20 Questions - Garnier Talks Teenage Radio Shows, Living in the South of France, and Paying Way Too Much for The KLF
- NewsCheck Out Voices from the Lake's Ambient Mix for Beats in Space
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- 20 Questions - Garnier Talks Teenage Radio Shows, Living in the South of France, and Paying Way Too Much for The KLF
- Hi-Five - P. Morris Revisits His Roots and Lists His Five Favorite Go-Go Tracks
- A Generous Environment: Thoughts, Ideas, and Questions from patten
- Hi-Five - Kerri Chandler Lists the Five Tracks That Influenced Him the Most
XLR8R Downloads Player