Patron of deep house grooves and esoteric field recordings, French-German Pantha du Prince has decided to switch his label home from the Hamburg-based, boutique Dial to the UK's eclectic Rough Trade. Read more »
Known primarily for its massive club and ongoing DJ-mix releases, Fabric is set to venture into new territory with an upcoming compilation series. Using the unusual title of Elevator Music, each edition of the series is meant to showcase unreleased songs from producers that have caught the ears of Fabric's staff. With a quick look at Volume 1's tracklist, it's easy to see they've been listening to a lot of dubstep, UK funky, and all around bass-centric music. We wholeheartedly approve. Fabric's Elevator Music Vol. 1 will be available January 18 and you can check the tracklist after the jump. Read more »
Following 2007's strange and heartfelt Made in the Dark, the UK's geeky, R&B-loving electro-pop outfit, Hot Chip, has another album to share. On February 9 the group will bring us the cleverly titled One Life Stand, a new full-length that's purported to be more "cohesive," "soulful," and "ambitious" than their three previous albums. Read more »
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Rubadub
XLR8R Downloads Player