Maybe you heard, Apple has released the next generation of Logic Pro. Then again, maybe you didn't hear, as the announcement received surprisingly little pomp and circumstance. No tradeshow unveiling, no exhaustive public beta. But Apple believes you will hear the difference in your engineering as the new Logic Pro suite—featuring Pro 9, MainStage 2, Soundtrack Pro 3, Compressor 3.5—features over 200 new features, the most noteworthy of which are virtualization and manipulation tools. Read more »
A quick update following the passing of Dash Snow, the Manhattan-based artist who died last week at the age of 27: NYC's Deitch Projects Gallery has kicked off a memorial retrospective of Snow's works, which will also feature yet-to-be-seen photos and video of the young artist. The gallery's facade has been painted over with fire-extinguisher foam bearing Snow's graf tag, SACER, and the tribute runs until August 15. Read more »
Remember when we checked in with Portland musician/wine deliverer/man-about-town White Rainbow last year? Well, the artist known as Adam Forkner (he's also an occasional member of Valet and Rob Walmart) is set to release a follow up to Prism of Eternal Now, entitled New Clouds, another album of freakish, fuzzy psychedelics. The record arrives October 19 via Kranky, and we have to say, we're pretty stoked. The tracklist is below.
Read more »
Today, The Pains of Being Pure at Heart announced plans for releasing a new EP, Higher Than the Stars, and a single for the track "Come Saturday," both to appear on Slumberland Records (whom we feature in August's upcoming Labels We Love issue). "Falling Over," a centerpiece of the band's new EP and unstoppable live show, is a "brooding synth-led tune that recalls New Optimist touchstones like Orange Juice and Aztec Camera," says a press release for the recording. Read more »
It’s been more than three years since we last heard from Vitalic—at least in terms of releasing full-lengths. And now, with "Your Disco Song" to tease us, he's been announced that Flashmob will arrive in stores (via PIAS/Different) on September 24. Check the tracklist below.
01. See the Sea (Red)
02. Poison Lips
Read more »
Building on their organization's constantly evolving tastes, NYC's Central Park SummerStage will play host to a performance by Boys Noize , Drop the Lime , and Canyons early next month. It's a bit of a switch for the 23-year-old festival, whose other upcoming guests include the likes of Bettye Lavette, Budos Band, M. Read more »
- FeatureDekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- MP3HolloH "Laying Awake"
- NewsSpectral Sound Announces New EP from Patricia; Hear a Track Now
- MP3Liar "Key Party (Spurz 'Key Bump' Edit)"
- NewsGroundislava Details Upcoming LP for Friends of Friends
- Dekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player