Expansion Team label boss Alex Moulton is set to unleash his debut artist album to the masses on August 5, and the producer has gotten all sci-fi on us for the occasion. Cover art aside (which is simultaneously tasteless and intriguing), Exodus finds the New York-based maker of techno and electro immersed in storytelling, letting the album tell a kind of sci-fi/romance adventure from track to track that includes an operatic overture.
Read more »
Adidas and Upper Playground are hardly strangers. The two companies have collaborated on shoes and the like for years, perhaps most notably when Upper Playground lent a design to Adidas' 35th Anniversary Superstar Series (there was also that documentary about the giant shoe that aired earlier this year).
Read more »
Funk, experimental dub, and psychedelia, inform the sounds on Cream Cuts, Tussle's forthcoming full-length, and fans will get to see the band's live interpretation of the album this fall. A tour is set to kick off September 2, with one preceding date at the end of July in the band's hometown of San Francisco. Fellow S.F. Read more »
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player