Valentine's Day is right up there with National Talk Like a Pirate Day in terms of its lasting impact on our day-to-day existence. Or so we thought, until we heard about Slug's recent interview with the A.V. Club, in which he answered 14 questions from readers on crushes, marriage, pick-up lines, and people who burst into tears after sex. Read more »
Melbourne, Australia's Cut Copy will head Stateside in March, hitting major cities in the U.S. and Canada, including a couple SXSW appearances and one performance at Coachella. The '80s-influenced trio's In Ghost Colours will be released on Modular April 8, and the band will be playing new tunes from the album. Best to snap up some tickets now, as certain shows are already sold out. Chop, chop.
03/10 Los Angeles, CA: Echo*
03/12 Austin, TX: Karma Lounge (SXSW)
Read more »
Ghislain Poirier, Andre Allen Anjos (Remix Artist Collective), Human beat-boxer Scratch (The Roots), and Aaron LaCrate are the chosen ones to remix South African-born producer Yoav's track, "Club Thing," off the recently released Charmed & Strange.
Read more »
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
XLR8R Downloads Player