Never a band to do anything half-hearted, Black Lips will rush into 2009 with a brand-new album and a ridiculously large set of tour dates. The new full-length, 200 Million Thousand (even the title is a bit larger-than-life), is said to be 14 more tracks of straightforward garage rock, packed with guitar riffs that lend themselves to the onstage antics these guys are known for the world over.
Read more »
The official video for this track, off Booka Shade's The Sun and Neon Light, runs something like the opening credits to a movie–a very somber one, which matches the musical mood of the track. Think drug deals, drunks on the street, car burglaries, relationship troubles, and being denied entrance into clubs, all set in the ever-exciting landscape of New York, and you're on the right track. There's even a little surprise twist at the end. Read more »
After a couple tumultuous years that included numerous onstage outbursts and canceled shows, Lady Sovereign is back to work, with a new album ready for release in Spring 2009. Jigsaw, the follow-up to her 2006 debut, Public Warning!, will arrive on April 7 in the U.S. and April 6 in the U.K. Sov is said to be putting the finishing touches on the album, which will include collaborations with Dr. Luke, Benny Blanco, and Medasyn.
Read more »
As is usually the case, the Ultra Music crew will be in attendance this year for the 24th annual Winter Music Conference, and they're throwing another bash to celebrate.
The two-day event dubbed Ultra Music Festival 11, will take place over March 27 and 28 in South Beach, Miami's Bicentennial Park. It also seems that Ultra has stepped up the lineup this year, with Cut Copy, Crystal Castles, Roni Size, Busy P, and others slated to perform.
Read more »
Now that he's recovered from his nervous breakdown, Don Rimni is ready release his Kick and Run EP. But first, he's given us this video for "OHOW?" for which he enlisted director Guillaume Grasset and some models from Where Da Ca$h At. Confetti and silly string never looked so sexy, particularly when paired with a very dirty electro beat. Read more »
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- NewsThe Lowdown - This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Robert Hood, Tycho, Jacques Greene, and More
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player