London's Kemistry Gallery, the only exhibition space in the U.K. that's completely graphic design-centered, recently asked 11 artists that had previously shown work at the space to participate in Retrospective-One.
The exhibition will feature all manner of graphic-design creations–from collages and light boxes to hand-drawn typography and prints–on display from Parra, Geoff McFetridge, Experimental Jetset, Zak Kyes, NMo, Simon Svärd, Cut-Up Collective, Jay One, Eine, Sanderson Bob, and James Joyce.
Read more »
Despite Jamaica’s bleak crime reports and economic development needs, the news from Yard is not all bad. London’s Guardian newspaper reports this week that 1 million tourists have visited the island in the first seven months of 2008. That’s up 20,000 visitors from last year, which JA tourism minister Ed Bartlett describes as "the best ever" for arrivals and revenue. Tourism is Jamaica's second-highest income source, behind remittances from Jamaicans abroad.
Read more »
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- Feature20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- PodcastMaxmillion Dunbar
- MP3Son of Sun "Feel Like I Feel (John Daly Remix)"
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player