Also known to his fans as Aeroc, Ohio-native Geoff White releases his fourth longplayer later this month. The techno producer's work has numerous artistic homes, including Force Inc., Proptronix, and Ghostly International, and now he moves on to Germany-based Background Records for this release.
Their self-titled 2005 release further solidified LCD Soundsystem as important, influential figures in the world of music, but since then it's been mostly remixes for James Murphy and crew. The exception to this is, of course, Murphy's "45:33," which may or may not be an indicator of the direction LCD Soundsystem's new album, slated for release in early March, will take.Read more »
Ever devoted to showcasing the lives and work of XLR8R artists and photographers, this week's Peepshow presents Chris Gould's One Crazy Night, a collection of photos documenting some not-so-glossy nightlife in San Francisco. From rooftop parties to hooka parties, and an anonymous rock band thrown in the mix, Gould's photos live up to the name of their collection.
Read more »
While the old-guard of music aficionados were busy being jaded and waiting for their spots on the guest list to appear, a new generation of indie rock kids quietly snuck up to the box office windows and grabbed up all available tickets to live shows by The Knife. Nary an open ticket could be found a good month and a half leading up to more than one of the shows on the brother/sister duo's brief US tour.Read more »
Bay Area hero and former XLR8R editor Tomas shares his wisdom on the best of the best this month in reggae.
1. Chuck Fender "Freedom of Speech" (Juke Boxx)
2. Collie Budz "Come Around" (Epic)
3. Anthony B "Its Not Easy (Birchill) Ghetto Blues
4. Mike Brooks "Beware (Teams) rockers
5. Morgan Heritage "Brooklyn and Jamaica (Juke Boxx) Statement
- 20 Questions - Garnier Talks Teenage Radio Shows, Living in the South of France, and Paying Way Too Much for The KLF
- Hi-Five - P. Morris Revisits His Roots and Lists His Five Favorite Go-Go Tracks
- A Generous Environment: Thoughts, Ideas, and Questions from patten
- Hi-Five - Kerri Chandler Lists the Five Tracks That Influenced Him the Most
XLR8R Downloads Player