Jazzanova's dreamy, freeform "I Can See" gets some delightfully quirky visual accompaniments with this Marie Alice and Brander-Woflszahn-directed video. Here, we find the six-man collective from Berlin lounging about in colorful rooms, singing from windows and picture frames, and staring at lots of two-dimensional shapes that float in and out of the screen intermittently. "I Can See" is off the group's latest album, Of All Things, out this week. Read more »
We frequently associate the word "fun" with Apollo Sunshine. When not gleefully discussing the Number of the Beast, the Leverett, MA-based trio is busy making upbeat indie rock, and colorful videos to go along with it. "Singing to the Earth" is off this year's Shall Noise Upon, an album apparently made in a house "inhabited by spirits." Nothing spooky about this video though, just colorful images of nature, paper, and other cheery items. Read more »
Lonely Dear has come a long way since leader Emil Svanängen was self-releasing CD-Rs via his own website, and 2009 is looking to be quite busy for these indie-folk making Swedes. The band, who recently signed to Polyvinyl, will release the bittersweet, meticulously crafted Dear John on January 27.
Read more »
Stateside will see the return of Sebastien Tellier at the beginning of December, when the French master of all things sensual returns to the U.S. to further showcase material from his "11-track meditation on lovemaking," otherwise known as his album Sexuality. He'll bring his sultry songs to major U.S. cities before heading to Mexico. Hot!
12/03 Los Angeles, CA - Henry Fonda Theater
12/04 San Francisco, CA - Mezzanine
12/06 Denver, CO - Larimer Lounge
12/09 Chicago, IL - Schubas Tavern
Read more »
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player