Matmos Unveils Details of Eighth Album
- Words: Patric Fallon
- Photo: James Thomas Marsh
Word of new music on the way from the now Baltimore-based duo Matmos surfaced back in July with the announcement of an EP (which we particularly enjoyed) and a subsequent LP, both of which were said to feature music based on the concept of telepathy. Now, we have more details of Drew Daniel's and M.C. Schmidt's next full-length album. The Marriage of True Minds is scheduled to appear on February 22 via Thrill Jockey, roughly five years after the release of Supreme Ballon. Matmos' LP will include "Very Large Green Triangles," a playfully ominous and experimental song that also appeared on The Ganzfeld EP, alongside eight other tracks that aim to turn the pair's "archive of psychic experiments into a delirious hybrid of conceptual noise and electronic pop." You can check out the artwork and tracklist for Matmos' forthcoming eighth LP below.
02 Very Large Green Triangles
03 Mental Radio
04 Ross Transcript
05 Teen Paranormal Romance
07 In Search of a Lost Faculty
08 Aetheric Vehicle
- NewsWatch a New Video for Fatima's "Rest in Peace"
- FeatureDekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- NewsIkonika Streams New Track from Upcoming Hyperdub EP, Drops New Mix
- MP3Remote "Alcyone (Matt Walsh Remix)"
- Dekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player