Stream Aquarian's 'Obsidian' EP for UNO
- Words: Elissa Stolman
Back in August, Brooklyn-by-way-of-Toronto producer Aquarian (a.k.a. Chris Leung) shared "Motherisk," a fast-paced and tightly wound heater from his then unreleased debut offering, Obsidian. Today, Leung has released that EP in its entirety—making him the newest addition to the New York-based UNO camp, alongside artists like Kuhrye-oo, SFV Acid, Jacques Greene, and Fatima Al Qadiri—but before heading out to buy the record, you can stream it in full on XLR8R. Obsidian occupies a space between itchy Detroit techno and cavernous, hulking UK dubstep, and Aquarian has carefully selected his influences from the most intense fringes of those sounds. The result is a restless, teeth-gritting ride through pummeling percussion, industrial-strength sub-bass, and otherworldly moodiness. You can listen to the whole four-track, 25-minute release—including Randomer's remix of the title track—in the player below.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player