Stream Aquarian's 'Obsidian' EP for UNO
- Words: Elissa Stolman
Back in August, Brooklyn-by-way-of-Toronto producer Aquarian (a.k.a. Chris Leung) shared "Motherisk," a fast-paced and tightly wound heater from his then unreleased debut offering, Obsidian. Today, Leung has released that EP in its entirety—making him the newest addition to the New York-based UNO camp, alongside artists like Kuhrye-oo, SFV Acid, Jacques Greene, and Fatima Al Qadiri—but before heading out to buy the record, you can stream it in full on XLR8R. Obsidian occupies a space between itchy Detroit techno and cavernous, hulking UK dubstep, and Aquarian has carefully selected his influences from the most intense fringes of those sounds. The result is a restless, teeth-gritting ride through pummeling percussion, industrial-strength sub-bass, and otherworldly moodiness. You can listen to the whole four-track, 25-minute release—including Randomer's remix of the title track—in the player below.
- NewsDownload a New Mix from Tycho
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player