Stream Aquarian's 'Obsidian' EP for UNO
- Words: Elissa Stolman
Back in August, Brooklyn-by-way-of-Toronto producer Aquarian (a.k.a. Chris Leung) shared "Motherisk," a fast-paced and tightly wound heater from his then unreleased debut offering, Obsidian. Today, Leung has released that EP in its entirety—making him the newest addition to the New York-based UNO camp, alongside artists like Kuhrye-oo, SFV Acid, Jacques Greene, and Fatima Al Qadiri—but before heading out to buy the record, you can stream it in full on XLR8R. Obsidian occupies a space between itchy Detroit techno and cavernous, hulking UK dubstep, and Aquarian has carefully selected his influences from the most intense fringes of those sounds. The result is a restless, teeth-gritting ride through pummeling percussion, industrial-strength sub-bass, and otherworldly moodiness. You can listen to the whole four-track, 25-minute release—including Randomer's remix of the title track—in the player below.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- NewsListen to a New Track from Teebs' Upcoming Sophomore LP
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
XLR8R Downloads Player