Stream the 'Ouroboros' Compilation Featuring Machinedrum, Low Limit, and More
- Words: Elissa Stolman
A stream of Ouroboros—a collection of electronic sounds from North American producers compiled by the LA-based half of Lazer Sword, Low Limit (a.k.a. Bryan Rutledge)—has appeared online, coincidentally on the same day we named the 10-track record an XLR8R Pick. According to the curator himself, Rutledge teamed up with California outpost Innovative Leisure to release the compilation in order to give "a glimpse of some original things going on behind the curtain of the generally abrasive 'EDM' type of sound." It's a list of cuts that includes the likes of Sepalcure's Braille and Machinedrum, Low Limit himself, Obey City, and Anenon. Ouroboros also features a track from Ghosts on Tape, one of the partners Low Limit teamed up with to launch the Icee Hot label. The record is out now, but you can give all ten tracks a listen in the player below, as well as check out Low Limit's interview with FACT here.
- FeatureLabels You Love: The Top 20 Labels, As Voted by XLR8R Readers
- NewsLegowelt and Willie Burns Launch Bizarre Online TV Show; Watch the First Episode Now
- NewsCheck Out a New Mix from Mount Kimbie
- NewsListen to Huxley's Upcoming Debut LP, 'Blurred'
- FeatureLabels We Love: 10 More of Our Favorite Labels, Plus Some Newcomers Worth Watching
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
- October 20: MUTEK.MX with Andy Stott, The Bug, Roman Flügel, Objekt, Laurel Halo, Oneohtrix Point Never, and More
- November 5: Club to Club with Caribou, SBTRKT, Recondite, Marcel Dettmann, Clark, Vessel, Luke Vibert, Jacques Greene, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player