Video: The Crystal Ark "We Came To"
- Words: Elissa Stolman
At the end of October, NYC outlet DFA released the self-titled debut LP by The Crystal Ark, a collective spearheaded by LCD Soundsystem alum and prolific artist Gavin Russom; today they have unveiled a video for album cut "We Came To." Russom plays the protagonist here, controlling and interacting with a virtual reality displayed across a dome, but the format soon breaks down into an intergalactic party soundtracked to the spoken vocals of a female lead and the elastic bassline of The Crystal Ark's playfully arpeggiated disco jam. Throughout the course of the video's eight minutes, the band members model their most outlandish costumes and play each other like human-sized instruments while cheesy graphics flash across the screen.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- Feature20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- PodcastMaxmillion Dunbar
- MP3Son of Sun "Feel Like I Feel (John Daly Remix)"
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player