Video: The Crystal Ark "We Came To"
- Words: Elissa Stolman
At the end of October, NYC outlet DFA released the self-titled debut LP by The Crystal Ark, a collective spearheaded by LCD Soundsystem alum and prolific artist Gavin Russom; today they have unveiled a video for album cut "We Came To." Russom plays the protagonist here, controlling and interacting with a virtual reality displayed across a dome, but the format soon breaks down into an intergalactic party soundtracked to the spoken vocals of a female lead and the elastic bassline of The Crystal Ark's playfully arpeggiated disco jam. Throughout the course of the video's eight minutes, the band members model their most outlandish costumes and play each other like human-sized instruments while cheesy graphics flash across the screen.
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player