Video: The Crystal Ark "We Came To"
- Words: Elissa Stolman
At the end of October, NYC outlet DFA released the self-titled debut LP by The Crystal Ark, a collective spearheaded by LCD Soundsystem alum and prolific artist Gavin Russom; today they have unveiled a video for album cut "We Came To." Russom plays the protagonist here, controlling and interacting with a virtual reality displayed across a dome, but the format soon breaks down into an intergalactic party soundtracked to the spoken vocals of a female lead and the elastic bassline of The Crystal Ark's playfully arpeggiated disco jam. Throughout the course of the video's eight minutes, the band members model their most outlandish costumes and play each other like human-sized instruments while cheesy graphics flash across the screen.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- NewsListen to a New Track from Teebs' Upcoming Sophomore LP
XLR8R Downloads Player