Video: The Crystal Ark "We Came To"
- Words: Elissa Stolman
At the end of October, NYC outlet DFA released the self-titled debut LP by The Crystal Ark, a collective spearheaded by LCD Soundsystem alum and prolific artist Gavin Russom; today they have unveiled a video for album cut "We Came To." Russom plays the protagonist here, controlling and interacting with a virtual reality displayed across a dome, but the format soon breaks down into an intergalactic party soundtracked to the spoken vocals of a female lead and the elastic bassline of The Crystal Ark's playfully arpeggiated disco jam. Throughout the course of the video's eight minutes, the band members model their most outlandish costumes and play each other like human-sized instruments while cheesy graphics flash across the screen.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player