Video: Daphni "Ahora"
- Words: Glenn Jackson
Just last month, the pages of XLR8R were ripe with praise for the first full-length from Daphni (a.k.a. Dan Snaith of Caribou fame)—a glowing review of and an in-depth look at Jiaolong being the primary fruits of our fondness for songs like the tribally seductive "Ahora," which recieved a fitting video treatment today. As Snaith's almost psychedelic twist on the synth-obsessed house track unfolds, splashes of shapeless color move on the screen for a visual accompaniment as pleasantly hard to pin down as the track for which it was made.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDefected Announces Masters at Work Anthology
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsTerekke Preps New EP for L.I.E.S., Streams Title Track
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player