Video: Hercules & Love Affair "Release Me"
- Words: Rebecca Bratburd
Leaning toward the minimal side of music videos, this clip for "Release Me" features grainy, security-camera footage of a scantily clad woman dancing in a pile of plastic shipping materials, as Hercules & Love Affair's disco- and house-inspired sounds boast a healthy mix of fresh production aesthetics and vintage vibes. The song is a cut exclusive to DJ/producer Andy Butler's recently released contribution to !K7's DJ-Kicks series, and though we totally enjoy the music, we kind of feel like we need a shower after watching director Mo Stoebe's voyeuristic piece.
- NewsDownload a New Mix from Tycho
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player