Video: Hercules & Love Affair "Release Me"
- Words: Rebecca Bratburd
Leaning toward the minimal side of music videos, this clip for "Release Me" features grainy, security-camera footage of a scantily clad woman dancing in a pile of plastic shipping materials, as Hercules & Love Affair's disco- and house-inspired sounds boast a healthy mix of fresh production aesthetics and vintage vibes. The song is a cut exclusive to DJ/producer Andy Butler's recently released contribution to !K7's DJ-Kicks series, and though we totally enjoy the music, we kind of feel like we need a shower after watching director Mo Stoebe's voyeuristic piece.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Flying Lotus, Hard Wax, SBTRKT and More
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
XLR8R Downloads Player