Video: Hercules & Love Affair "Release Me"
- Words: Rebecca Bratburd
Leaning toward the minimal side of music videos, this clip for "Release Me" features grainy, security-camera footage of a scantily clad woman dancing in a pile of plastic shipping materials, as Hercules & Love Affair's disco- and house-inspired sounds boast a healthy mix of fresh production aesthetics and vintage vibes. The song is a cut exclusive to DJ/producer Andy Butler's recently released contribution to !K7's DJ-Kicks series, and though we totally enjoy the music, we kind of feel like we need a shower after watching director Mo Stoebe's voyeuristic piece.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsThe Lowdown - This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Untold, Tycho, Jam City, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player