Video: Hercules & Love Affair "Release Me"
- Words: Rebecca Bratburd
Leaning toward the minimal side of music videos, this clip for "Release Me" features grainy, security-camera footage of a scantily clad woman dancing in a pile of plastic shipping materials, as Hercules & Love Affair's disco- and house-inspired sounds boast a healthy mix of fresh production aesthetics and vintage vibes. The song is a cut exclusive to DJ/producer Andy Butler's recently released contribution to !K7's DJ-Kicks series, and though we totally enjoy the music, we kind of feel like we need a shower after watching director Mo Stoebe's voyeuristic piece.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- NewsListen to Tin Man's Upcoming 'Ode' LP
- FeatureFive Artists Not to Miss at Vancouver's New Forms Festival
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player