Video: Hercules & Love Affair "Release Me"
- Words: Rebecca Bratburd
Leaning toward the minimal side of music videos, this clip for "Release Me" features grainy, security-camera footage of a scantily clad woman dancing in a pile of plastic shipping materials, as Hercules & Love Affair's disco- and house-inspired sounds boast a healthy mix of fresh production aesthetics and vintage vibes. The song is a cut exclusive to DJ/producer Andy Butler's recently released contribution to !K7's DJ-Kicks series, and though we totally enjoy the music, we kind of feel like we need a shower after watching director Mo Stoebe's voyeuristic piece.
- GearIn the Studio: Surgeon
- GearKuvo: What Is It, How Does It Work, and Is It a Good Idea? (a.k.a. an XLR8R Interview with Pioneer About Its Newest Product)
- NewsWatch a Documentary on the Club Music Culture of Colombia's Caribbean Coast
- GearAsk the Experts: Vladislav Delay
- NewsWatch a Live Performance of Jacques Greene's New Single
XLR8R Downloads Player