Video: Nosaj Thing "Eclipse/Blue"
- Words: Rebecca Bratburd
Combining modern dance and calculated light technology, Nosaj Thing's music video for the first single from his forthcoming Home LP, "Eclipse/Blue", is somewhat of an emotive spectacle. Directed by artist Daito Manabe, the piece features two dancers surrounded by lights that react to their movements. The visual side of "Eclipse/Blue" is powerfully dark, though it matches the feather-light vocals of Blonde Redhead's Kazu Makino as the dancers' movements are highlighted only by Manabe's brilliantly colorful light projections. In an interview with The Creators Project, Manaba says he was inspired by the song's title and the concept of a solar eclipse, so the dancers in the video are positioned in the same fashion as an eclipse ("projector—dancer—screen"). The "Eclipse/Blue" single is out now via Innovative Leisure, and will also be released as part of Home on January 22.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- FeatureFive Artists Not to Miss at Vancouver's New Forms Festival
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- NewsFriends of Friends Details Fifth Anniversary Comp Featuring Shlohmo, Shigeto, Machinedrum, Nicolas Jaar, and More
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player