Video Premiere: My Panda Shall Fly & Will Ward "Giant Shoe"
- Words: Elissa Stolman
The last we heard from My Panda Shall Fly (a.k.a. Suren Seneviratne), he had teamed up with fellow Londoner Benjamin Jackson for a collaborative EP. Today, he's presented a fresh alliance with another London-based producer, Will Ward, which comes in the form of a three-track record for fledgling imprint XVI. Featured here, the video for that record's closing track, "Giant Shoe," was directed by Seneviratne himself, and matches the undulating bass, prickly synths, and clicking percussion with stock footage of outer space and natural wonders of the world. Shots of asteroids and CGI animations of space crafts are interspersed with the stark beauty of sun-baked desert dunes and blurry highways, which mirrors the song's pervasive sense of sleepy marvel. "Giant Shoe" will be released along with the two accompanying tracks on My Panda Shall Fly & Will Ward's EP on November 19.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
XLR8R Downloads Player