Video: Yosi Horikawa "Aotearoa"
- Words: Rebecca Bratburd
Sound sampler extraordinaire Yosi Horikawa released a video for his song "Aotearoa," a two-and-a-half-minute excursion and peek into Horikawa's creative method. Director Tom Gould transports us to a woodsy setting in his piece, where Horikawa sets up his recording equipment and attentively listens to the world surrounding him. He then talks a walk, and the clip ends with a gorgeous shot of the artist looking out at an oceanic horizon.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player