Watch Shigeto Talk Drumming, Production, and His Musical Philosophy
- Words: Glenn Jackson
The SF-based video production group Chromavision has shared a two-part interview with drummer/beatsmith extrodinaire Shigeto. Sitting down for a brief chat, the Ghostly artist tells of how he learned to play drums from a Detroit jazz musician, delves into the personal backstory of his most recent record, Lineage (you can grab the title track from that record here, by the way), and even shares some wise adivce from his father along the way. Watch both parts of the interview below.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player