Check Out New Music from Lone, Laurel Halo, and Blanck Mass
- Words: Anthony Princi
Earlier today, possibly in attempts to release new music before the apocalypse, or, more likely, just to treat their fans for the holidays, Brooklyn's Laurel Halo, Manchester's Lone, and London's Blanck Mass all uploaded new tracks to their respective SoundCloud pages. Lone dropped the atmospheric "Ghost Channel," which, according to Pitchfork, appeared on the producer's Twitter exactly a year after he finished it. Dummy points us to where Laurel Halo actually uploaded two tracks, one of which is presented under her King Felix moniker and the other of which is the "Micron Heavy Live Rework" of her new single "Sunlight on the Faded". Though filed under different aliases, both tunes are similarly hectic and hyper jams that may speak to your frantic anxieties about today's myths of impending doom. Last but not least, Blanck Mass (pictured above) gave away the aptly titled "Hellion Earth," which is a surprisingly upbeat, electro-touched jam dominated by trancey synths and bright arpeggiations. The tune is available for a limited time only, and can be found with the rest of the aforementioned music, below.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDefected Announces Masters at Work Anthology
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsTerekke Preps New EP for L.I.E.S., Streams Title Track
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player