Darkstar Shares New Single "Amplified Ease"
- Words: Brandon O'Connor
The former Hyperdub affiliates of Darkstar have released a stream of a new single from their upcoming album News from Nowhere via YouTube, sending along with it a video of the band performing the song live. "Amplified Ease" finds the London-based trio tinkering with child-like toy samples, satisfyingly subtle bass, and the chanting of vocalist James Buttery. Talking about the song, the band says it was influenced by the recent documentary on George Harrison and "took an interest in how he approached 'My Sweet Lord' as a mantra rather than a song." Before News from Nowhere drops on February 5 via Warp, you can stream "Amplified Ease," as well as watch Darkstar play the song live, below.
- NewsCheck Out a Playlist of the Top 100 Paradise Garage Tracks
- NewsCheck Out an 18-Mintue Remix from Ricardo Villalobos and Max Loderbauer
- GearWatch Addison Groove Give an Extensive Tour of His Studio
- NewsStream a New Modeselektor Track from the Forthcoming 'Bleep:10' Compilation
- NewsTOBACCO Shares New "Extremely NSFW" Video
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player