Darkstar Shares New Single "Amplified Ease"
- Words: Brandon O'Connor
The former Hyperdub affiliates of Darkstar have released a stream of a new single from their upcoming album News from Nowhere via YouTube, sending along with it a video of the band performing the song live. "Amplified Ease" finds the London-based trio tinkering with child-like toy samples, satisfyingly subtle bass, and the chanting of vocalist James Buttery. Talking about the song, the band says it was influenced by the recent documentary on George Harrison and "took an interest in how he approached 'My Sweet Lord' as a mantra rather than a song." Before News from Nowhere drops on February 5 via Warp, you can stream "Amplified Ease," as well as watch Darkstar play the song live, below.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player