Doubleheart Readies New EP; Preview it Now
- Words: Brandon O'Connor
Though the two claim to have been working together on a weekly basis since 2010, Neil Landstrumm and JD Twitch, the producers that make up super-duo Doubleheart, have only released six tracks since forming their collaboration, but are now set to unveil their latest effort next year. The Roots EP is a four-track record which takes its name from a song by Rastafarian poet Mikey Smith, and will be released on January 28 via High Sheen. Before then, we're treated to streams of two of the EP's cuts. While the title track "Roots" is drenched in crunchy analog synths, swirls of woo-ing vocals, and a roboticized version of Smith poetry; "Ghent" slows things down with warm, rounded bass and zaps of anthemic synths. You can listen to each tune below, courtesy of FACT.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player