Doubleheart Readies New EP; Preview it Now
- Words: Brandon O'Connor
Though the two claim to have been working together on a weekly basis since 2010, Neil Landstrumm and JD Twitch, the producers that make up super-duo Doubleheart, have only released six tracks since forming their collaboration, but are now set to unveil their latest effort next year. The Roots EP is a four-track record which takes its name from a song by Rastafarian poet Mikey Smith, and will be released on January 28 via High Sheen. Before then, we're treated to streams of two of the EP's cuts. While the title track "Roots" is drenched in crunchy analog synths, swirls of woo-ing vocals, and a roboticized version of Smith poetry; "Ghent" slows things down with warm, rounded bass and zaps of anthemic synths. You can listen to each tune below, courtesy of FACT.
- FeatureLabels You Love: The Top 20 Labels, As Voted by XLR8R Readers
- NewsLegowelt and Willie Burns Launch Bizarre Online TV Show; Watch the First Episode Now
- NewsCheck Out a New Mix from Mount Kimbie
- NewsListen to Huxley's Upcoming Debut LP, 'Blurred'
- FeatureLabels We Love: 10 More of Our Favorite Labels, Plus Some Newcomers Worth Watching
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
- October 20: MUTEK.MX with Andy Stott, The Bug, Roman Flügel, Objekt, Laurel Halo, Oneohtrix Point Never, and More
- November 5: Club to Club with Caribou, SBTRKT, Recondite, Marcel Dettmann, Clark, Vessel, Luke Vibert, Jacques Greene, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player