Grouper Collects Unreleased Recordings for New LP
- Words: Glenn Jackson
Portland's Liz Harris (a.k.a. Grouper) has collected 12 unreleased recordings from the sessions which yielded her 2008 breakthrough record, Dragging a Dead Deer Up a Hill, for The Man Who Died in His Boat, a new LP set to drop next year via Kranky. In addition to the new album, Harris and Kranky will be reissuing Grouper's aforementioned 2008 full-length, a record that we were rather fond of at the time—even saying of it, "Music this lovely could almost change the world." The Man Who Died in His Boat and the Dragging a Dead Deer Up a Hill reissue are both set to see a release in February 2013. Before then, you can check out the artwork and tracklist for the new LP below.
03 Cloud in places
04 Being her shadow
05 Cover the long way
06 Difference (voices)
07 Vanishing point
08 The Man Who Died In His Boat
11 Living room
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsDJ Sprinkles Plans Brief North American Tour
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
XLR8R Downloads Player