Grouper Collects Unreleased Recordings for New LP
- Words: Glenn Jackson
Portland's Liz Harris (a.k.a. Grouper) has collected 12 unreleased recordings from the sessions which yielded her 2008 breakthrough record, Dragging a Dead Deer Up a Hill, for The Man Who Died in His Boat, a new LP set to drop next year via Kranky. In addition to the new album, Harris and Kranky will be reissuing Grouper's aforementioned 2008 full-length, a record that we were rather fond of at the time—even saying of it, "Music this lovely could almost change the world." The Man Who Died in His Boat and the Dragging a Dead Deer Up a Hill reissue are both set to see a release in February 2013. Before then, you can check out the artwork and tracklist for the new LP below.
03 Cloud in places
04 Being her shadow
05 Cover the long way
06 Difference (voices)
07 Vanishing point
08 The Man Who Died In His Boat
11 Living room
- MP3Alcides "Violeta (El Remolón Remix)"
- FeatureDekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- NewsLuckyMe Celebrates the Holidays with Audio Advent Calendar
- MP3Matti Turunen "Cryosleep"
- NewsIkonika Streams New Track from Upcoming Hyperdub EP, Drops New Mix
- Dekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player