Jamie Jones Launches HOTTRAX Label
The UK producer/DJ/label head who has been at the center of house music's exploding popularity—and, to some degree, its transition into mainstream culture—Jamie Jones has announced the launching of HOTTRAX, a new label that is said to be "dedicated to a more underground dancefloor-oriented aesthetic." Operating as a subsidiary of Jones' and Lee Foss' succesful Hot Creations imprint, the new venture is set to drop its first release later this month in the form of the three-track Change EP from Jones himself. Below, you can preview the record title track and check its full tracklist before the record drops in vinyl form on December 17, to be followed by a digital release January 7 of next year.
02 Road to the Studio
03 No Rush
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDownload a Lush Ambient Production from xxxy
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player