The Knife Announces Forthcoming Album
- Words: Rebecca Bratburd
It's been seven years since the release of Silent Shout (almost three years since the collaborative Tomorrow, In a Year album dropped), but longstanding Swedish electronic duo The Knife (a.k.a. Fever Ray's Karin Dreijer Andersson and her brother Olof Dreijer) has finally announced it will soon release a proper follow-up album. While many details are still unknown, namely the release date, we do know that the record will be called Shaking the Habitual, it will feature Light Asylum vocalist Shannon Funchess, and will supposedly be available sometime during spring of 2013 via Mute. We also have a teaser video that hints at some haunting ambience and patently odd visuals, which you can see for yourself below. (via Pitchfork)
- FeatureDekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- NewsWatch a New Video for Fatima's "Rest in Peace"
- NewsIkonika Streams New Track from Upcoming Hyperdub EP, Drops New Mix
- MP3Remote "Alcyone (Matt Walsh Remix)"
- Dekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player