Video: Tiga "Plush"
- Words: Brandon O'Connor
Montreal-based DJ/producer Tiga has released a new music video for "Plush," the single from his recently released Tiga Non Stop mix album. Directed by Berlin-based Alexandliane, who also directed Tiga's "Shoes" video a few years back, the piece for the Turbo label boss is part still life, part fashion photoshoot. XLR8R recently caught up with Tiga in our The Art of the Mix CD feature, where the longstanding artist mentions, "In general, with DJing, I've always thought the shorter the set the harder it is to pull off." About the music video, Tiga shares that "'Plush' was inspired by '80s dance TV shows like Pelvic Gold and The Bandana Patrol, as well as my undying love and respect for the city of Detroit," leaving us without any clue as to what those shows may reference (Solid Gold, perhaps?). The track, produced as part of what Tiga hopes is the first of many collaborations with Ghostly stalwart Matthew Dear, features a bobbing bass line, monotone vocals, and—of course—plenty of '80s-sounding synths.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
XLR8R Downloads Player