Video: Tiga "Plush"
- Words: Brandon O'Connor
Montreal-based DJ/producer Tiga has released a new music video for "Plush," the single from his recently released Tiga Non Stop mix album. Directed by Berlin-based Alexandliane, who also directed Tiga's "Shoes" video a few years back, the piece for the Turbo label boss is part still life, part fashion photoshoot. XLR8R recently caught up with Tiga in our The Art of the Mix CD feature, where the longstanding artist mentions, "In general, with DJing, I've always thought the shorter the set the harder it is to pull off." About the music video, Tiga shares that "'Plush' was inspired by '80s dance TV shows like Pelvic Gold and The Bandana Patrol, as well as my undying love and respect for the city of Detroit," leaving us without any clue as to what those shows may reference (Solid Gold, perhaps?). The track, produced as part of what Tiga hopes is the first of many collaborations with Ghostly stalwart Matthew Dear, features a bobbing bass line, monotone vocals, and—of course—plenty of '80s-sounding synths.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsFriends of Friends Details Fifth Anniversary Comp Featuring Shlohmo, Shigeto, Machinedrum, Nicolas Jaar, and More
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- FeatureFive Artists Not to Miss at Vancouver's New Forms Festival
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player