Hyperdub's next release comes courtesy of electronic music producer Mark Pritchard (of Jedi Knights and Harmonic 313 fame), and he's teamed up with none other than SA-RA Creative Partners' Om'Mas Keith for the occasion.
The two met while working at the Red Bull Music Academy last year in Spain, and the resulting single, "Wind it Up," is one of the wobbliest dubstep-meets-synth-hop amalgamations this side of Flying Lotus.
The single is out July 20, in vinyl and digital formats. In the meantime, listen to the title track here.
Read more »
Several weeks of hype later, Major Lazer's album Guns Don't Kill People, Lazers Do is available for purchase. Now, here comes the iPhone app.
Downtown Records and iZotope have created a little something called iDrum, which lets users remix tracks from the album via our iPhones and iPods. Ten customizable kits include elements from the album, which can be remixed and recorded by a mere touch of the screen. Should be useful when warding offvampires and zombies.
Read more »
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player