To deaf ears, BJ sounds off on the most atrocious things to wear (or attend) this fall.
1. Weight-loss sneakers
Why run, now that there are shoes that make you lose weight just by walking in them? There are so many: Fit Flops, Kangoo Jumps, and the clown-like MBTs–whose name, ironically, stands for Masai Barefoot Technology–but you really haven’t lived until you’ve seen a very overweight person teetering on Z-Coil’s spring-loaded high-heels.
2. Native American everything
Read more »
Jimmy Edgar is a dark, dark dude. Of course, we've always known that about the Detroit-area native, who's been making sinister beats for a number of years now and was once praised for being one of the few men to make wearing eyeliner look cool. His latest video, for the single "Nothing is Better," features the producer's bristly electronic beats and a very skinny young lady getting rather hot and bothered under a flashing red light. It's a visually stimulating watch, though anyone with epileptic tendencies should proceed with caution. Read more »
As many artists do, Eliot Lipp has now reached a point in his career where he's ready to dabble in the business of releasing music, and has thusly stepped away from his analog gear arsenal to start Old Tacoma Records, which, despite its name, is a brand-new label operating out of Lipp's current homebase in New York.
Read more »
What's fall without a few shades of disco for the sonic palate? Last time we caught Hercules and Love Affair live, the eight-piece band, led by Andy Butler, turned the venue into a room of dance mayhem that DFA head honcho James Murphy would most surely have approved of. With its self-titled debut tearing up charts, the band and its many keyboards are set to hit the road again this fall. Given that some shows on the last round of dates sold out, you'd best not sleep on these performances:
Read more »
- NewsCheck Out a Playlist of the Top 100 Paradise Garage Tracks
- NewsCheck Out an 18-Mintue Remix from Ricardo Villalobos and Max Loderbauer
- NewsStream a New Modeselektor Track from the Forthcoming 'Bleep:10' Compilation
- GearWatch Addison Groove Give an Extensive Tour of His Studio
- NewsTOBACCO Shares New "Extremely NSFW" Video
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player