Alexander Nut Delivers Wu-Tang-Themed Mix
Longstanding Rinse FM jock and co-head of the Eglo imprint, Alexander Nut is the latest tastemaker to be tapped for an Oki-Ni mix. Forgoing a more or less "basic" DJ set, Nut has used his contribution to the series to profess his love for the Wu-Tang Clan by piecing together his favorite verses, beats, and samples from the crew into an hour-long mix. Perhaps unsurprisingly, Nut gained some of his earliest musical inspiration from the gritty soul samples, Kung-fu references, alter egos, and abrasive verses that Wu-Tang—in its many forms—was known for in its heyday, so it was only a matter of time before he found a way to string all of those influences together as a continuous stream of music. You can listen to Nut's set below, and head here to read up on why/how his WUTANGISFORTHECHILDREN mix came together.
- FeatureDekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- NewsWatch a New Video for Fatima's "Rest in Peace"
- NewsIkonika Streams New Track from Upcoming Hyperdub EP, Drops New Mix
- MP3Remote "Alcyone (Matt Walsh Remix)"
- Dekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player