Apparat to Release New Album, Shares Free Download
- Words: Rebecca Bratburd
Berlin's Sascha Ring (a.k.a. Apparat) has announced the impending release of Krieg und Frieden (Music for Theatre), an album based on the music he composed for Sebastian Hartmann's theatre production of Tolstoy’s War and Peace. Apparently, Ring worked with a 30-piece ensemble to produce his original score for the play, which was commissioned by renowned German arts festival Ruhrfestspiele. "This is anything but conventional theatre. It’s a free space, where a bunch of freaks can go wild," Ring said in a press release. "It starts with the lights and stops with the actual actors. At night, we worked on the music in the empty hall. It was kind of magical." The finished work was recorded with members of Apparat's live band, with Philipp Timm on cello and Christoph Hartmann on violin. Mute will release Apparat's Krieg und Frieden (Music for Theatre) on February 19, but you can stream and download our first taste of the music, "A Violent Sky," below.
- FeatureLabels You Love: The Top 20 Labels, As Voted by XLR8R Readers
- NewsLegowelt and Willie Burns Launch Bizarre Online TV Show; Watch the First Episode Now
- NewsCheck Out a New Mix from Mount Kimbie
- NewsListen to Huxley's Upcoming Debut LP, 'Blurred'
- FeatureLabels We Love: 10 More of Our Favorite Labels, Plus Some Newcomers Worth Watching
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
- October 20: MUTEK.MX with Andy Stott, The Bug, Roman Flügel, Objekt, Laurel Halo, Oneohtrix Point Never, and More
- November 5: Club to Club with Caribou, SBTRKT, Recondite, Marcel Dettmann, Clark, Vessel, Luke Vibert, Jacques Greene, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player