Apparat to Release New Album, Shares Free Download
- Words: Rebecca Bratburd
Berlin's Sascha Ring (a.k.a. Apparat) has announced the impending release of Krieg und Frieden (Music for Theatre), an album based on the music he composed for Sebastian Hartmann's theatre production of Tolstoy’s War and Peace. Apparently, Ring worked with a 30-piece ensemble to produce his original score for the play, which was commissioned by renowned German arts festival Ruhrfestspiele. "This is anything but conventional theatre. It’s a free space, where a bunch of freaks can go wild," Ring said in a press release. "It starts with the lights and stops with the actual actors. At night, we worked on the music in the empty hall. It was kind of magical." The finished work was recorded with members of Apparat's live band, with Philipp Timm on cello and Christoph Hartmann on violin. Mute will release Apparat's Krieg und Frieden (Music for Theatre) on February 19, but you can stream and download our first taste of the music, "A Violent Sky," below.
- GearArtist Tips: Mister Saturday Night on the Importance of Building a Proper DJ Booth
- NewsWatch Ben UFO's RBMA Lecture
- FeatureGet Familiar: thePeople
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Maya Jane Coles, Joy Orbison, Mister Saturday Night, and More
- MP3Wildildlife "Nervous Buzzing (Hours of Worship Remix)"
XLR8R Downloads Player