Artifact Announces New 12"
- Words: Rebecca Bratburd
Bristol's Artifact, a burgeoning producer who was recently included in our profile of his hometown's new generation of artists for Bubblin' Up Week 2013, is set to release his next record via London/Berlin imprint Somethinksounds. Set to drop on February 4, the 12" features two original productions, "The Way It Do" and "We Trapped," as well as an energizing remix of "The Way It Do" by Manchester producer Damu. Artifact's forthcoming release follows a respectable run of 12"s and EPs for the likes of Local Action and Deadplate in 2012, and is said to delve further into the up and comer's "futuristic fusion of house, techno, and garage."
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player