Bubblin' Up Week Begins Monday, Highlights Artists to Watch in 2013
XLR8R regulars are likely already familiar with our Bubblin' Up series, in which we profile up-and-coming artists whose work is beginning to make an impact in the electronic realm. Given that a new year has just begun, it's only natural to start thinking about which new acts will be making waves in the months ahead, which is why we've decided to do something special and stretch Bubblin' Up into a week-long endeavor. Beginning on Monday, we'll be running a series of content highlighting the emerging artists whose work already has us amped for 2013. We don't want to spoil the surprise and name names just yet, but Bubblin' Up Week will feature interviews with ascending producers, in-depth examinations of scenes which are proving to be particularly fertile, smaller profiles of artists whose output we'll be keeping an eye on in 2013, and a podcast from a hotly tipped former Bubblin' Up subject. Given the XLR8R audience's consistently healthy appetite for the latest sounds, we expect Bubblin' Up Week to be a veritable feast of information.
In the meantime, we'd like to encourage readers to let us know what new artists they're the most excited about for 2013. Make yourself heard in the comments section below, and see if your predictions come true in the weeks and months to come.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player