Grown Folk Readies New 12" for Icee Hot; Preview it Now
- Words: Anthony Princi
Extending its roster beyond San Francisco and Berlin, the label division of SF's Icee Hot crew has signed on Montreal-based duo Grown Folk for its third release. You may remember the Canadian outfit's remix that appeared on Lando Kal's solid "Let You in the Sky" b/w "Help Myself" record for Icee Hot, but "The Boat" b/w "Keep Few Near" will mark Grown Folk's first original productions for the label. The pair, comprised of Drew Kim and Brendan Neal, clearly fit in with the sounds heard so far from the imprint, as the record features a lush and textured brand of house music that will be bolstered by remixes from Icee Hot resident Ghosts on Tape and veteran Dutch producer Gerd. Before "The Boat" b/w "Keep Few Near" drops on February 11, you can preview all four of its tracks below.
A1. The Boat
A2. Keep Few Near
B1. The Boat (Gerd Re-Work)
B2. Keep Few Near (Ghosts On Tape Remix)
- FeatureLabels You Love: The Top 20 Labels, As Voted by XLR8R Readers
- NewsLegowelt and Willie Burns Launch Bizarre Online TV Show; Watch the First Episode Now
- NewsCheck Out a New Mix from Mount Kimbie
- NewsListen to Huxley's Upcoming Debut LP, 'Blurred'
- FeatureLabels We Love: 10 More of Our Favorite Labels, Plus Some Newcomers Worth Watching
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
- October 20: MUTEK.MX with Andy Stott, The Bug, Roman Flügel, Objekt, Laurel Halo, Oneohtrix Point Never, and More
- November 5: Club to Club with Caribou, SBTRKT, Recondite, Marcel Dettmann, Clark, Vessel, Luke Vibert, Jacques Greene, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player