Joakim to Inaugurate New Crowdspacer Label with Collaborative 12"
- Words: Rebecca Bratburd
Longstanding Parisian DJ/producer Joakim (pictured above) will soon launch a vinyl-only record label called Crowdspacer with the release of No Time to Waste, a collaborative single from Everyone (a.k.a. Joakim and NYC artist Kindness with Night Slugs' L-Vis 1990 and Jam City as Vincent L'Traques). Joakim, who also founded the eclectic Tigersushi outpost almost six years ago, describes his new label as being "about dance, sweaty clubs, techno primitivism, trans-gender house, tropicalist trance, mutant disco, fun avant-garde, timeless futurism, and the body and soul." He also posted a YouTube video on his new label's website of a "1989 illegal, acid-house rave" as a hint of what we can expect from Crowdspacer. Crowdspacer's first record will be jointly released with Kindness' Female Energy label sometime next month, but you can check out the aforementioned video before then, below.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- PodcastMaxmillion Dunbar
- NewsXosar Preps New EP for Valcrond Video
- NewsLivity Sound Preps Remix Compilation Featuring Surgeon, Pangaea, and More
- Feature20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player