Kompakt to Celebrate 20 Years with European Tour, Documentary, Reissues, and More
- Words: Glenn Jackson
The Cologne-based techno aficionados over at Kompakt will begin celebrating 20 succesful years as a record store and label this March, and are set to roll out a slew of events and goodies to mark the occasion. While the exact details have yet to surface, Kompakt tells of plans to bring an anniversary tour through major European cities, which will come accompanied by a mobile, pop-up version of its brick-and-mortar record store. There is also talk of a documentary chronicling the rise of the company, a detailed "fanzine," and a host of reissues being in the works. (If you're anything like us, you've got your fingers crossed for some vinyl reissues of those classic Closer Musik releaes, among others). And, possibly the best news yet, the label of course still has plans to release new music throughout 2013. While there are no exact release dates, we're told to expect new records from Justus Köhncke, Coma, The Field, and Gui Boratto before the year is through.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsHear a New Remix from Joy Orbison
- NewsSBTRKT Releases Interactive Video for "Look Away"
- NewsStream a Track from Locked Groove's Upcoming EP
- GearArtist Tips: Addison Groove Shares Five of His Production Secrets
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player