Mark McGuire Leaves Emeralds, Remaining Duo Soldiers On
- Words: Glenn Jackson
Earlier today, Emeralds member Steve Hauschildt announced via Twitter that the outfit's guitarist, Mark McGuire, has officially left the band. While no specific reason was said to account for the departure, Hauschildt did reveal that John Elliot and himself will continue on with the Emeralds moniker, and are planning to tour the US, Europe, Australia, and Japan as a duo. While the group's latest effort, Just to Feel Anything has been met with less fanfare than the trio may have hoped, we still found plenty to enjoy about it, choosing it as our 17th favorite record of 2012 and chronicling the concept and process behind the LP in our Polishing Gems feature. (via Pitchfork)
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Flying Lotus, Hard Wax, SBTRKT and More
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
XLR8R Downloads Player