Matthew Herbert Compiles Complete Discography on New Box Set
- Words: Rebecca Bratburd
Over the years, long-standing UK artist Matthew Herbert has created music under many monikers, but for the past decade or so, he's been making high-minded house music simply as Herbert. Now, the veteran producer has announced that he'll release his entire body of work as a box set via his own Accidental label. The massive Herbert Complete boasts music that was recorded and released between 1996 and 2006—including tracks that were previously released via now-extinct labels and special editions of the 100lbs LP (with seven remixes), the Around The House LP (with 10 bonus tracks, b-sides, and remixes), the Bodily Functions LP (with 13 remixes from the likes of Plaid, Jamie Lidell, Matmos, DJ Koze, Dave Aju, Mr. Oizo, Recloose, and Richard Devine), and the Scale LP (with 10 remixes and five orchestral versions of "Abbey Road"). While awaiting the accomplished artist's retrospective box set to appear on March 4, you can stream and download the jazzy "Suddenly" track from his classic Bodily Functions album, which had a standalone reissue just a couple of months ago, below. Likewise, you can also check out the video for "Foreign Bodies," another piece of bubbly house which is set to a colorful cartoon of skeletons engaging in intimate activities.
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player