Modeselektor and Apparat Announce Sophomore LP as Moderat
- Words: Patric Fallon
The three Berlin artists best known as Modeselektor and Apparat have announced they will finally release the follow up to their 2009 collaborative debut as Moderat, calling it simply II. Along with the announcement of its forthcoming album, the trio shares in a press release, "Moderat as a fusion of Modeselektor and Apparat is a mutual path that hasn't been and will never be easy. Well, it's simply more than 'just' making music together. It is, again and again, an experiment of exploring our similarities and differences, and to interlace them to something new and exciting." Details are slim at the moment, but we do know that Modeselektor's Monkeytown label will release II in both standard and deluxe-edition CD and LP formats on August 2, which will be followed by a world tour. So far, only a few of those dates have surfaced, which you can check out below while awaiting further details about Moderat's next LP.
August 3 Eastern Electrics Festival, London, UK
August 10 SonneMondSterne Festival, Saalburg DE
August 16-18 Lowlands Festival, Amsterdam, NL
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDownload a Lush Ambient Production from xxxy
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player