Modeselektor and Apparat Announce Sophomore LP as Moderat
- Words: Patric Fallon
The three Berlin artists best known as Modeselektor and Apparat have announced they will finally release the follow up to their 2009 collaborative debut as Moderat, calling it simply II. Along with the announcement of its forthcoming album, the trio shares in a press release, "Moderat as a fusion of Modeselektor and Apparat is a mutual path that hasn't been and will never be easy. Well, it's simply more than 'just' making music together. It is, again and again, an experiment of exploring our similarities and differences, and to interlace them to something new and exciting." Details are slim at the moment, but we do know that Modeselektor's Monkeytown label will release II in both standard and deluxe-edition CD and LP formats on August 2, which will be followed by a world tour. So far, only a few of those dates have surfaced, which you can check out below while awaiting further details about Moderat's next LP.
August 3 Eastern Electrics Festival, London, UK
August 10 SonneMondSterne Festival, Saalburg DE
August 16-18 Lowlands Festival, Amsterdam, NL
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player