Ah, nothing like riding a bike with no hands, throwing sticks in a river, and defacing public property while jazzy electronic beats and breathy vocals play in the background. The latest audiovisual offering from Chicago-based band The Sea and Cake follows a day in the life (we're assuming a Saturday or Sunday, given the song's title) of some young lads, and captures those lazy days of summer, when the most important thing was whether or not you could get away with shoplifting a candy bar from a convenient store. Read more »
The Cut Copy boys are currently engaging in friendly road rivalry with The Presets, but the Melbourne, Australia-based trio won't be taking much R&R time once the tour wraps. The boys will perform several European dates in November, including one in Paris with Hot Chip and fellow dance-rockers Late of the Pier. Prior to the European shows, Cut Copy will hit Bogota, Colombia.
11/01 Bogota, Colombia: Edificio El Condor
Read more »
School of Seven Bells found its name watching a PBS show about an alleged South American pickpocket academy, so that should give music heads an idea of what the Brooklyn-based trio is about. Ex-Secret Machines guitarist Benjamin Curtis, along with sisters Claudia and Alejandra Deheza make a brand of futuristic pop that's tough to pin into any one genre, though a just-announced tour with shoegaze master M83 seems like an apt fit. Read more »
The High Decibels old-school rock-flavored hip-hop makes you want to party, so it's fitting this video is all about crowds going wild. Suffice to say, Duke Johnson and Chief, decked out in suits, boutonnieres, and hankies, rap and dance over their bouncy beats and electric guitars, and the crowd is loving every second of it. Some good, light-hearted fun to start the week off. Read more »
Solving climate change sounds like an overwhelming task. What difference can one person make when so much damage to the environment has already been done and huge nations and corporations continue to pollute? The answer for one artistically motivated group is to put your soul on ice–preferably a glacier.
Read more »
With their third record, Eyes at Half Mast, due out this week, Kevin O'Connor and Lisa Molinaro, otherwise known as the force behind instrumental pop outfit Talkdemonic, will hit the road just after the album's release. The tour kicks off in the band's hometown, before traveling through a handful of U.S. cities. In the meantime, check the first MP3 off the new album here.
Eyes at Half Mast
01 Leaving Light
02 Ending the Orange Glow
03 Duality of Deathening
Read more »
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- NewsListen to Tin Man's Upcoming 'Ode' LP
- FeatureFive Artists Not to Miss at Vancouver's New Forms Festival
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player