Montreal's Ghislain Poirier earned the title "king of bounce" from his numerous bass-heavy remixes for everyone from Lady Sovereign to The Editors, and this, along with his uncanny ability to deconstruct hip-hop, has put him on the map as a diverse and able producer to watch.
Chicago dance label Still Music, founded by Groove Distribution employee and club DJ Jerome Derradji, has announced a new division called Past Due, which will explore the roots of underground dance music. The imprint will feature singles and remixes that cover the gambit of early house, deep boogie, underground disco, modern soul, jazzy funk, dancefloor R & B, and even psychedelic rock.Read more »
Radical Face Ghost Morr
Who would have guessed Morr could put out another legit electro-pop release? Well, us. Radical Face is a one-man operation known to friends as 24-year-old Ben Cooper, a multi-instrumentalist with a love for piano-driven songwriting. Ghost will haunt you in all the right ways.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player