Detroit's pioneer of early techno, DJ and producer Derrick May, was commissioned by BBC Radio to contribute to their 6 Mix series. What May created for the innovative radio program is an eclectic collection of energetic and classic songs spanning three separate mixes. The mixes, "Hi Tek Soul Mix," "Influences and All Time Favourites," and "Mayday Club Mix," feature songs from Miles Davis, Boards of Canada, D'Angelo, Karizma, Cadenza 34, Los Hermanos, and just about everything in between. Read more »
Though bassline house is still more of a U.K. phenomenon, London remix favorites Jack Beats are visiting major coastal and Canadian cities this August, bringing their high-energy, sample-driven sounds to locales as disparate as the resort town of Whistler, BC, and the megalopolis of Los Angeles. With remixes for Lady Sovereign, AC Slater, and Does It Offend You, Yeah? Read more »
1980s post-punk beat-makers Liquid Liquid return to the stage this summer in New York, finally bringing their oft-sampled disco-punk to a new generation of eager fans. With them, the iconic experimental composer Rhys Chatham is premiering A Crimson Grail for 200 Electric Guitars, a Glenn Branca-esque piece featuring both professional axe wielders and students. Read more »
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player