Thomas Fehlmann, Blawan, Matthew Dear, and More to Remix Depeche Mode
- Words: Brad Stabler
The pedigree for Depeche Mode needs no introduction, but the band has taken a forward-thinking approach for its new "Heaven" single—namely, commissioning the likes of Blawan and The Orb co-founder Thomas Fehlmann, who contributes to Depeche Mode's CD-maxi release under the alias Steps to Heaven. The five-track release—which also features contributions from French producer Owlle and Matthew Dear doing a "vs. Audion" remix—is available today in Germany, but will drops on January 28 in Europe and January 29 worldwide via Columbia.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDownload a Lush Ambient Production from xxxy
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player