Todd Terry Relaunches Legendary NYC House Label
- Words: Brad Stabler
Hugely prolific, legendary NY house DJ/producer Todd Terry is set to relaunch his influential label Freeze in partnership with Dutch record outpost Clone. As part of the collaboration, there will be a series of 12" releases issued over the coming months, beginning with a reissue from Terry's Sax moniker, which sports a 2013 re-edit of the massive "Jazz Anthem" tune alongside the original. Around the same time, there will be a re-release of another Terry project, House of Gypsies, featuring the original "Samba,", an MK dub of the tune, and an additional remix by Louis Vega. There are no firm release dates for any of the Freeze reissues as of yet, but they are both said to be expected during the first week of March. Before they're released, you can preview both 12"s in the players below.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player