Todd Terry Relaunches Legendary NYC House Label
- Words: Brad Stabler
Hugely prolific, legendary NY house DJ/producer Todd Terry is set to relaunch his influential label Freeze in partnership with Dutch record outpost Clone. As part of the collaboration, there will be a series of 12" releases issued over the coming months, beginning with a reissue from Terry's Sax moniker, which sports a 2013 re-edit of the massive "Jazz Anthem" tune alongside the original. Around the same time, there will be a re-release of another Terry project, House of Gypsies, featuring the original "Samba,", an MK dub of the tune, and an additional remix by Louis Vega. There are no firm release dates for any of the Freeze reissues as of yet, but they are both said to be expected during the first week of March. Before they're released, you can preview both 12"s in the players below.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
XLR8R Downloads Player