Video: Chrome Canyon "Generations"
- Words: Brandon O'Connor
Brooklyn-based producer Chrome Canyon (a.k.a. Morgan Z) has summoned up this video for "Generations," an 80's film soundtrack-inspired cut lifted from his recently released Elemental Themes LP for Stones Throw. The beautifully shot narrative, presented by Scion AV, finds dancer Amanda Wells in a state of broken down despair after a heated bout of furniture throwing with her tux-garnished lover. "Morgan's album is different in that it feels more like a soundtrack to a film which has yet to be shot," explains director Ace Norton. "My goal wasn't to make a music video, it was to create a film that used his music more like how a score would to a single scene in a larger narrative." The theremin-wielding producer adds "Generations" to his growing list of recent cinema-inspired videos which accompany his album.
- NewsDownload a New Mix from Tycho
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player