Video: Chrome Canyon "Generations"
- Words: Brandon O'Connor
Brooklyn-based producer Chrome Canyon (a.k.a. Morgan Z) has summoned up this video for "Generations," an 80's film soundtrack-inspired cut lifted from his recently released Elemental Themes LP for Stones Throw. The beautifully shot narrative, presented by Scion AV, finds dancer Amanda Wells in a state of broken down despair after a heated bout of furniture throwing with her tux-garnished lover. "Morgan's album is different in that it feels more like a soundtrack to a film which has yet to be shot," explains director Ace Norton. "My goal wasn't to make a music video, it was to create a film that used his music more like how a score would to a single scene in a larger narrative." The theremin-wielding producer adds "Generations" to his growing list of recent cinema-inspired videos which accompany his album.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- MP3Astronomar "Gargoile (Massacooramaan Remix)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player