Video: Pantha du Prince & The Bell Laboratory "Spectral Split"
- Words: Rebecca Bratburd
Earlier this week, we received word that we could finally listen to Elements of Light, the collaborative album between German artist Pantha du Prince and Norweigan group The Bell Laboratory, before its official release on January 15. Today, the video for "Spectral Split" appeared, offering a view of the magic behind the artists' work. The visual piece gives us a closer look at the intricate bells, xylophones, steel drums, and other percussive instruments used in the collaborative outfit's display of the mingling between live and electronic instrumentation. Created by Pantha du Prince with German filmmaker Sandra Trostel, the video for "Spectral Split" is made entirely of footage from a live performance, complete with a dancing audience. Lucky for us, more Elements of Light live performances are in the works for later this year.
- GearIn the Studio: Surgeon
- NewsWatch a Documentary on the Club Music Culture of Colombia's Caribbean Coast
- GearKuvo: What Is It, How Does It Work, and Is It a Good Idea? (a.k.a. an XLR8R Interview with Pioneer About Its Newest Product)
- GearAsk the Experts: Vladislav Delay
- NewsWatch a Live Performance of Jacques Greene's New Single
XLR8R Downloads Player