Video: Pantha du Prince & The Bell Laboratory "Spectral Split"
- Words: Rebecca Bratburd
Earlier this week, we received word that we could finally listen to Elements of Light, the collaborative album between German artist Pantha du Prince and Norweigan group The Bell Laboratory, before its official release on January 15. Today, the video for "Spectral Split" appeared, offering a view of the magic behind the artists' work. The visual piece gives us a closer look at the intricate bells, xylophones, steel drums, and other percussive instruments used in the collaborative outfit's display of the mingling between live and electronic instrumentation. Created by Pantha du Prince with German filmmaker Sandra Trostel, the video for "Spectral Split" is made entirely of footage from a live performance, complete with a dancing audience. Lucky for us, more Elements of Light live performances are in the works for later this year.
- FeatureDekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- NewsWatch a New Video for Fatima's "Rest in Peace"
- NewsIkonika Streams New Track from Upcoming Hyperdub EP, Drops New Mix
- MP3Remote "Alcyone (Matt Walsh Remix)"
- Dekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player