Video: Pantha du Prince & The Bell Laboratory "Spectral Split"
- Words: Rebecca Bratburd
Earlier this week, we received word that we could finally listen to Elements of Light, the collaborative album between German artist Pantha du Prince and Norweigan group The Bell Laboratory, before its official release on January 15. Today, the video for "Spectral Split" appeared, offering a view of the magic behind the artists' work. The visual piece gives us a closer look at the intricate bells, xylophones, steel drums, and other percussive instruments used in the collaborative outfit's display of the mingling between live and electronic instrumentation. Created by Pantha du Prince with German filmmaker Sandra Trostel, the video for "Spectral Split" is made entirely of footage from a live performance, complete with a dancing audience. Lucky for us, more Elements of Light live performances are in the works for later this year.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player